Sunday, March 10, 2013

Meal Plans & Long Runs


We've had a yummy two weeks! However tomorrow is meal planning day and I am unprepared. Hoping to find some delicious new ideas to incorporate all the goodies we get at our produce co-op on Tuesday!

Monday (2/25):  Steak, cheesy spaghetti squash & roasted red potatoes "And SALAD, Mom!" (as my 4.5 year old reminds me if I forget to mention salad in our nightly meal plans. She's learning fast!) 

Tuesday (2/26): Chili mac (we never wound up having it the week previous because of weather!), roasted portobello mushroom caps & salad. 

Wednesday (2/27): Stir fry. Portobello mushrooms, sugar snap peas, peppers, broccoli, carrots, onions, served over rice. 

Thursday (2/28): Pulled Pork Verde Poblano (Tosca Reno's cookbook) (no pictures because we've had this before :)







Friday (3/1): Our new favorite pizza!! Turkey pepperoni, green pepper & homemade sauce.










Saturday (3/2): Superfood Fusilli. My daughter is pretty predictable. If you ask her what she wants for dinner she will say 1) Pasta and red sauce or 2) Pizza.  So I found this "pasta and red sauce" recipe. Packed full of veggies! She didn't notice them and loved her pasta with red sauce. :-) Served with green beans and a salad. 




Monday (3/4): Now these weren't dinner but they are worth a mention (or three).  My dear husband loves cinnamon rolls and has been without now for three months. So a friend found this recipe on Gracious Pantry and I got to work making them! 

I did change some of the recipe - I didn't use any of her filling. Instead, I used coconut sugar, cinnamon and butter. I wound up using about a cup of coconut sugar, a few Tbsp of cinnamon and probably 3Tbsp of butter. 
The only picture I got of them baked.
Before I could eat them.
Yes, I had two. They are that good.

Dinner this night was scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, grapefruit and hash browns. Cinnamon rolls for dessert just seemed to make sense :-)






Tuesday (3/5): Jamie Eason's Turkey Meatloaf Muffin recipe (although I just made it a meatloaf shape). Also mashed potatoes (with Greek yogurt), corn and fresh green beans. And "salad, Mom!" 

Wednesday (3/6): Burgers on Ezekiel Sesame buns, roasted asparagus, sweet potato fries & salad. 

Thursday (3/7): Scrambled eggs (I might be a WEE bit obsessed with them right now!), bacon, toast & clean buttermilk pancakes. 

Friday (3/8): Pizza, of course! 

Saturday (3/9): I went on a long run today (more on that later) and my 4.5 year old and hubby took charge of dinner. They made DELICIOUS buffalo chicken wraps, green beans & salad. What a great surprise for me that they took care of everything! I'm one lucky girl!

Sunday (3/10): Hubby will be smoking a turkey breast, so we will most likely have smoked turkey, mashed potatoes & maple/bacon brussels sprouts for dinner. 



Today I finally was able to go on a long run. It was looking grim as of last night. Around 2am, my littlest started throwing up. He and I were awake from 2am-5am, changing sheets, taking baths and cleaning up. Thanks to my awesome hubby, who got up with the kids, I was able to get a few hours of sleep. I woke up thinking I was ready for my run. The weather forecast had been PERFECT for today. However, they were wrong and it was POURING rain!  So I wrote off my run and settled in for a snuggling day. I had a few errands to run (booking a location for a VIP bridal shower (JEN'S!) and some Easter shopping) but once I came home, I settled onto the couch with my little guy. 

He turned a corner and was feverish, but not throwing up anymore, plus the rain stopped and the temperature went up to 65 degrees! So off I went!

I wound up running 10 miles, a straight out-and-back. It was a decent run, considering I haven't run in a few weeks and haven't run a LONG run in almost a month. Looking back, I ran my half marathon in October with a 10:43 pace and today I ran at a 10:24 pace, so I'm whittling away at my time. Slowly! I definitely need to get OUTSIDE more for my runs. It is so dramatically different for me to run on a treadmill vs outside. Hoping the weather is on the upswing so I can start running while my daughter is in school, taking my son in the jogging stroller.

I have a half marathon coming up (April 6!) and I would LOVE to get a sub-2:15 time.

So that is our last two weeks!

 Any great clean recipes that we simply MUST try? 

No comments:

Post a Comment