Sunday, February 24, 2013

Clean Pizza & Another Virtual Race

We have been on the hunt for the "perfect" pizza crust. I'm telling you, it's been YEARS. A few times we have thought we got close but never there. Flavor but not texture, crunch but not thickness, toppings but not sauce. Then we moved to clean eating and figured it was over, we would NEVER be happy with a clean crust. Until . . .

Last night - perfection.

I made a sauce last time and froze it. I used the recipe from The Cultivated Life, but used diced tomatoes instead of tomato sauce. Then I found this recipe and METHOD (method was the KEY) for pizza yesterday. Obviously I had to clean up the recipe to fit it to our lifestyle. I used 2 cups of whole wheat flour and a 1/2 cup of whole grain corn flour. Molasses instead of sugar. Closer to 1 1/4 tsp yeast. Closer to 1 1/2 cups water. Coconut oil instead of olive oil.   I added about 2 tsp of whole grain corn meal on the bottom of my pan because hubby enjoys that texture.

I followed the baking directions exactly, starting it on the stove then moving to the oven. It was perfect around 18 minutes.

We will be doing this one again VERY soon. It was a huge hit in this house!



I did my second virtual race this morning, the Anywhere 5K. My goal was a PR, of course. I was dying by the end, but I did it!! PR'd my 5k with a time of 27:20! Super excited to have run an average 8:47 mile! What?! My plan was to run 4 minutes at 6.5 then bump it up to 7.5 for a minute. I was able to do that the whole time. I even ran a minute and a half by ACCIDENT at 7.5! I didn't even notice. It's so nice to feel like I'm progressing, improving and becoming more fit and more able.










No comments:

Post a Comment