Tuesday, February 19, 2013

February Meal Plans

Here's our meal plan from last week and for this coming week.





Monday: Weelicious Ramen soup (I know the noodles weren't clean, but the soup is so yummy!) and grilled cheese with smoked cheddar cheese & bacon; side salad






Tuesday: Crockpot Cinnamon Chicken, green beans and whole wheat penne pasta.





Wednesday: Baked chicken tenders (Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Cookbook 2), brussels sprouts with bacon & a little maple syrup, spaghetti squash with a little garlic. Homemade honey mustard and a side salad. 


Valentine's Day morning, I let my kids make muffins. This is a huge test of my control issues, but it went so well! This strawberry muffin recipe is from Gracious Pantry and they were DELICIOUS! I was able to make 24 muffins instead of 18 like the recipes says and I calculated that they were only 80 calories each! There is no added sugar aside from fruit and the kids DEVOURED them (together my TWO kids ate ELEVEN muffins that morning!!!)  (And I usually don't let them eat like that, but it was Valentine's and I was ok with them loading up on good stuff instead of candy!)

Valentine's night we had a stir fry of Portobello mushroom caps, broccoli, carrots, celery, peppers and onion. Served with steamed brown rice.

Friday: Burgers with avocado, tomato and onion (on whole wheat, but not sprouted grain, buns); green beans and roasted red potatoes with thyme. 













Saturday morning my daughter requested her favorite breakfast, Dutch puff with apples.  Since it is an inherently clean recipe, I am always happy to make it for her! I use this recipe and always change the vanilla to almond extract. I just LOVE the taste of almond extract in this recipe!

For my baked apples, I saute them with a touch (Tbsp maybe) of maple syrup, cinnamon, lemon juice and nutmeg/allspice. Sometimes I will throw them in the oven and give it some time, but Saturday I didn't have that time so I diced them small and cooked them for less time.

I also pulled out my new $3 citrus juicer and juiced up a TON of oranges and grapefruit that just seemed to be lingering in the fridge. Fresh juice for everyone!

We went out to dinner on Saturday night.

Sunday: Meatless fajitas with peppers, onions and mushrooms in a whole wheat wrap. Served with a side of guacamole.

Monday: Mushroom & Rosemary pork scallopini; pasta; salad; peas

Tuesday: Eggs, turkey sausage, toast, fruit

Wednesday: Chicken masala; naan; brown basmati rice with peas; salad

Thursday: Hubby & I are going on a date and the kids will be having Chili mac

Friday: Pizza (clean crust!)

Saturday: Unknown yet

Sunday: Salsa chicken; sauteed peppers; brown rice



No comments:

Post a Comment