Monday, April 1, 2013

Looking back

I've been doing the virtual races to help keep my training consistent and to help me get all of my 13 races without the pressures of entrance fees, expos and travel. The most recent one, the Anywhere5K, actually submitted times and I was able to claim those times on athlinks.com. Have you ever checked yours?? I found most of the results of my timed races there!


Anyhow, I went to check out my most recent time and had a moment. You know, that moment when you realize you are doing exactly what you set out to do. In this case, I set out to be better. Not better than anyone else - but a better ME. A better version of myself. And looking at this race history showed me that I am doing just that.

I was surprised and proud at how far I've come since that first race. My THIRD half marathon is this Sunday and I am running with the knowledge that I can just keep getting better!




No comments:

Post a Comment