Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Insanity Day 2



I know, I know, day 2, Nic? It's been over 2 weeks! Really!?

But I injured my neck last time and even I know when to stop and not continue.  My neck still isn't 100% but it's in a place that I'm not concerned about injuring myself permanently.  We had a catered lunch at work today and I fell victim to just going with the flow and not checking my calories BEFORE I ate. Instead, I ate around a 900 calorie lunch. Gulp. Oops.

I left work around 2 today and headed home. I knew I couldn't get the kids since naptime is usually 1-3 at daycare, so instead I posted how disappointed I am in myself on a fitness group I participate in.  I said I am a "fatty mcfatterson with nothing to contribute." And in good fitness friend fashion, at least two awesome people called me out, told me to get off my butt and get moving. I said "I'll try it" and they said "NO trying- Just DO it."

From Pinterest, of course.
So I did. I did Insanity Day 2: Plyometric Cardio Circuit.

Killer.

I felt like I was someone who was in decent shape. Not today, sir! Today I felt like a 600 lb woman working out for the first time in my LIFE!  It was hard, it was draining, I won't lie, I thought I was going to vomit several times.

And in the end - I feel great. I mean, I am going to HUUURRRRTTT tomorrow, but it's going to be that good hurt, that "I did something GOOD" feeling.



I am over the moon with a new food.  We just recently switched from Sam's Club to Costco. I went to Costco for work one day and was really in love with the fact that they have so many more organic/healthy options to choose from! Most importantly  at least to my kid, they have Annie's Mac'n'Cheese. I refuse to buy "the blue box" anymore and my daughter really looves her some mac'n'cheese (although my son would rather have broccoli, go figure :-)

The one thing they DO NOT have is a bag of chopped romaine. For the first few months of our "clean" transition, we were going through at LEAST a bag of it a week, sometimes every few days. At first I was hopeful, maybe another location would have it. But no such luck. On one particular day, I sent my husband with the challenge to find me some romaine.  He called and said "Well, I bought some kale salad..."  What?! Kale?! Uhhhh nope, no thanks.

Then when he came home, I read the bag. Even worse:
Can you read that? Here, let me help: Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, kale, chicory, dried cranberries, roasted pumpkin seeds, poppyseed dressing.

Raw Brussels sprouts? You want me to EAT those?

So we had it for dinner htat night. I had two servings. I wanted to eat more, but it was just wrong. The next day for lunch, I added 2.5 oz of cooked chicken and it was heaven. I have been talking NONSTOP about this salad. I even asked my husband to pick up FIVE bags last time he went to Costco. One bag made three generous (3+ cup) lunch portions plus a smaller (1.5 cup) serving. I have a bottle of fat free poppyseed dressing that I plan on using on my next salad, too, to cut down on the fat/calories.

It's delicious. If you try ONE new thing this year, it should be this. It has an almost cole slaw or broccoli slaw texture (obv, since there are both broccoli and cabbage in it) but it definitely works as a 'side salad' to a heftier dinner.



So, my goal is to actually get my butt in gear. I feel gross, I look gross, none of my clothes fit right. It's TIME!

I am hosting a bridal shower on Sunday. I know for a fact I will not be "clean" that day, I plan on trying one of everything. But other than that, I am making a sincere effort to get back to clean, whole food eating. I feel better when I'm doing that for sure.  If you see me with food I shouldn't be eating (aside from the shower, please) YELL at me! :-) Ask me if I'm SURE I want to eat that. Chances are I will agree, it's not something I want to be doing!





1 comment:

  1. You know, I've been tossing around the idea of a Costco membership and this might have just sold me.

    Way to go on working out!! Insanity is HARD!!

    ReplyDelete