Friday, June 13, 2014

fat kid on the block...

Man!  I am almost done with the Jamie Eason plan (you know, the 12 week one that has taken me almost 16...??) - just 2 workouts left!  I am getting back to taking some of the awesome cardio classes I used to take and I'm finding that I am so disappointed!!

Not in the classes, those are awesome as always. But in myself! My stamina is in the toilet, I feel like the fat kid in the room in all of them!  I know that I have surely "bulked up" a bit doing this plan but boy, I didn't think I would do it to the detriment of my cardio goals!   I went to my favorite cardio class this am and we did an easy ("easy") one mile run down and up hill.  You would have thought they asked me to run sprints for a half marathon I was so winded and spent! Last one back to the room, heart bursting through my chest, sweat pouring off of me....

I KNOW the lifting has been a great addition to my fitness routine, but now at the end of this plan, I JUST want my cardio back.  I love lifting, proud of myself for lifting heavier and heavier and even more proud of my tricep muscle that is present no matter what...  but now I need to get back to a place where I don't feel like an elephant when I run!!

No comments:

Post a Comment