Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pity Party for One Please!

Monday after tri/chest day, my arm felt AMAZING. 
Tuesday after bicep/back it was sore. 
Last night, it hurt so badly that it woke me up at 2:30am in stabbing throbbing pain. 

SO upset about how much it hurt.  Upside? I KILLED my leg workout today! 

Tonight I went to an injury clinic.  The doctor diagnosed me with --- dum dum duuuuuum....




a bruise. 





UUuuggghhhh....


Commence Pity Party: 

I feel like a total moron. But 10 days after my fall on ice, having pain that wakes me up at night scared me enough to send me to the doctor. Which I just don't do. I'm MOM. I don't have TIME for injury, but I also don't have time to irreparably break myself.   So I went.  And after the orthopedic surgeon on call at the clinic tested my arm in several ways, he determined that I have a bruise. 

"What do you do, work outside the home, stay home, part time?" 
"I stay home." 
"Are you involved in sports..?" 
"I lift weights and run."
Awkward silence. 
"I mean, I follow a training plan that is all lifting now." 
More awkward silence. 


I just feel stupid as a 32 year old stay at home mom saying "I follow a training plan."   Who am I to think I can do this?! How 


So tonight, I drink 2 whiskey sours and stew in my icks. 
Tomorrow, I spend the day with my baybees. 
Then Saturday, I kill it again at the gym. Since the doctor just said to be careful when lifting and ease into it.  Which I've been doing (hello, embarrassing 5lb weight lifting.)

I'm trying to be ok with how tonight went. Not to feel so stupid for going in for a bruise. Not to feel stupid for going to a clinic to get help. But it's going to take some time for me. 








No comments:

Post a Comment