Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Off the wagon

 First off - thank you, thank you, thank you for all the kind words about the race results & the photos! I had a phenomenal time, even though my sweet princess was sick most of the weekend. :( 

I've officially fallen off the "I quit sugar" wagon...  This weekend, I treated myself to Ghirardelli ice cream (twice), full sugar peanut butter & (too many) sugary cocktails...  I swore when I got home, I'd get back to my sugar free lifestyle, but two days home now and I just haven't been able to get it together!

My joints hurt, I feel sluggish and HUNGRY.ALL.THE.TIME.  I remember this feeling. I swore I'd never get back here! But here I am.

I haven't fallen back to all of my old ways - I'm still drinking my coffee with plain half and half, I do prefer to make my spice mixes instead of buying those laden with sugar.... but those snack foods, boy they've got me!

I could write it off as sleep deprivation, pms, or any number of other things. But it's just willpower and laziness, plain and simple. I know I can do it, now I just have to execute. Since I've done it before, successfully and completely, I know I can do it again!

Going forward, my plan is to run the Go! St. Louis half marathon on April 15th. I haven't registered yet but I would love to get my time down to 2:45 or lower! I intend to quit sugar again so that my joints stop aching and I can feel good enough to go for a run.

I have a doctor's appointment next week for a routine check up. In the six years I've been seeing this doctor, he's never seen me this light.  I'm so excited to tell him that I am a "half marathon runner" and about all the lifestyle changes I've made to improve my life!

Would it be overkill to take my medal with me?  Hahahahaha....






1 comment: