Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Ten Miles!

Still training, still living mostly sugar free!  I'm finding that while I have cravings every single day, I rarely if ever give in to them!

Here's my calendar for training from the last few weeks:

If you can read that, you can see I did it! I went TEN MILES on Sunday!  So excited that I accomplished that distance!

Also, I've found a breakfast option that is sugar free (although I do use the fruit, so it's not fructose free).   This oatmeal is ahhhh-ma-zing!  I followed the recipe exactly, although I did add a pint of blueberries and I think it's perfect! I don't know that I will ever make any other kind of oatmeal again. Even the kiddos liked it.  It would also make a great dessert, warm over ice cream (you know, if you're not sugar free :-))


I'm am still so amazed that my body has adjusted so dramatically. Things that I wouldn't have thought was sweet 4 months ago are alarmingly sweet.  Bananas! I had my first banana the other day and I might as well have been eating a candy bar! I don't remember them as being that sweet before (you know, when I was eating four of them a day).

So if you're with me on the quitting sugar journey, what things have surprised you as sweet now, but not before??




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am also on a mostly sugar free journey and my friends wants to sign me up to run a 10 km (quite a bit less than 10 mile). I'll pop around again for some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete