Sunday, January 27, 2013

Training

So I ran my last half marathon in 2:24 and am looking at my next half in April. I have this crazy idea in my head that I can run a SUB2 HOUR HALF! Crazy talk, I'm telling you.

I tried a run from the sub2hr training plan - HO-LEE-COW. The training plan said "run 2 miles slow. Then intervals of .25mi at 8:40 pack *for you keeping track, that's a 7.0 on the treadmill* and :30 slow recovery. TIMES 12. Then run a slow mile"

That's something like 6 miles if you do it right.  I could only do 4 rounds of the intervals after the 2 mile "warmup" run. Then I ran/walked the last mile. My run was 4.26 miles and I did it in 46 minutes. Not too shabby, but definitely nowhere near the sub2hr pace. So I am going to reevaluate and maybe look into a sub2:15 PR!

Clean eating is going well still. Fallen off a little this weekend. STILL, regardless of how much I've changed, I  run to sweets for comfort when I begin to freak out! On a whole I've been doing great avoiding commercial sweets and have been leaning on fruit and not processed chemicals. But I definitely clung to the chemicals this weekend!

Sooooo I am going to start researching some alternate lifting plans, running a lot more and cleaning up my eating just a bit more. We're around 80-85% clean now, but there's always room for improvement, right??

Stats updates coming later this week!


1 comment:

  1. I think you are doing an amazing job! I think it's easier to look at the processed foods as a "drug". You're a recovering addict. It's going to be hard but what is important is that you see your warning signs. Each time you choose fruit over some processed crap is a WIN in my book!

    ReplyDelete