Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Welcome to Social Hour


If you found us from Alison's post, welcome! :-)  Alison is just starting her sugar free journey, so go to her blog and give her some love too!

I wanted to give a shout out to Naomi, a fellow IQS-er. We quit about the same time last October and a few weeks ago she wrote a FABULOUS blog post about quitting sugar. She took the time to write the Quitting Sugar ABCs!  She has some amazing points about quitting, tips and tricks and other great information. Go check her out here.



A little update from me: 

I have been doing really well with quitting sugar.  I feel great and I'm down to my lowest weight again (I've been up to 158 for awhile, but now I'm back down to 154).  We've been playing outside in this lovely abnormally warm weather, which has been great to keep me moving!  I went to the gym this morning and ran my fastest 5K ever! 3.12 in 30 minutes!   I am planning to do a 5K at the zoo here at the end of May and my new goal is to finish in under 25 minutes.

Of course, there are stumbling moments. To celebrate our new swing set & fire pit, we (read: my family, not me) made s'mores last night outside.  I realized it was wwaayy too soon for me to be exposed to charred marshmallows.... mmmmm  


But these cuties really loved it! 


1 comment:

  1. Yay! You're my inspiration. :) Sung in my best 80s ballad voice...

    ReplyDelete