Sunday, April 27, 2014

Week 4.... The Home Stretch

Week Four, almost done.  I can't believe we've almost finished the entire Whole30 we set out to complete! 

This post won't be our complete eating for the last week - I'm breaking it up since we went camping (CAMPING! During Whole30!! What about beer?! What about s'mores?!?) and I want to pull that out separately! 

I don't know if I ever actually explained why I am posting our meals. I have had so many people compare this to the Atkins diet - to "low carb" diets - wondering if we're hungry all the time (no snacking, remember??).  The answer is NO!! And this is NOTHING like the "low carb" fads that have been around.  We snacked a bit over the weekend while camping (just some fruit/nuts in the afternoon) and I give my kids an afternoon snack everyday, but hubby and I have not snacked for the most part of the 30 days.  We ate, and ate well! The food has been delicious. I've found a new way to spice taco meat (WITHOUT a packet!) and flavor combinations (PLEASE try sweet potato and bacon!! OMG and if you're daring, add PINEAPPLE.)



Day 22, Easter:
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with green pepper & onion, 2 strips of bacon, sweet potato hash. Coffee with coconut milk.
Lunch: Applegate hot dogs, apple with almond butter, avocado and sugar snap peas.
Dinner: Steak (missing from the picture, I hadn't plated it yet!), ginger-lime shrimp, whipped sweet potatoes, curried cauliflower. For "dessert"** I made coconut milk whipped with cocoa powder and strawberries.  FAR cry from what Easter used to be in this house!

 ** Dessert breaks the Whole30 rules because it's considered SWYPO, but it was Easter and considering the things we ate last year (and every year before that) and the fact that my kids did not complain ONCE that there was no candy - we had us some dessert! 

Workout: Rest 
Total Time: 0
Total Calories Burned: 0

Day 23:
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with homemade breakfast sausage, 2 cups super greens, 1/3 avocado. Coffee with coconut milk.
Lunch: Super greens, chicken breast, handful of green olives, 1/2 sweet potato with cinnamon, 8 strawberries. 
Dinner: Meatballs with homemade marinara, spaghetti squash and peas. 

Decaf coffee with coconut milk after dinner

Workout: Sick kiddo :( 
Total Time: 0
Total Calories Burned: 0
Day 24:
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, 1/2 avocado, whipped sweet potatoes with cinnamon. Coffee with coconut milk.
Lunch: Chicken breast, sliced carrots, zucchini & yellow squash & onions from kabobs, Cara cara orange. 
Dinner: Balsamic chicken thighs, homemade marinara, spaghetti squash and green beans. 

Decaf coffee with coconut milk after dinner
 
Workout: Jamie Eason LiveFit training day 57 - Quads & Calves
Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
Total Calories Burned: 568 cals

Felt good today. A great workout certainly helped it along! I'm counting the days until we're done now! We're going camping this weekend and it will certainly be a challenge to camp without s'mores, sandwiches and alcohol, but we're working on it!

Day 25:

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, pineapple, some green pepper. Coffee with coconut milk. <-- I have a head cold and everything tasted weird this am.
PWO: Small chicken breast
Lunch: One whole HB egg, one HB egg white, 1/2 avocado in 3 lettuce wraps. Banana. 
Dinner: BBQ rubbed pork tenderloin, 1/2 sweet potato with cinnamon, roasted broccoli. 

Decaf coffee with coconut milk in the afternoon.

Workout: Jamie Eason LiveFit training day 58 - Arms/Back/Abs and Sprints
Total Time: 1 hr 41 min
Total Calories Burned: 675 cals

Workout today really made me feel strong. I don't know if I'm inching towards tiger blood or what, but it was just a good workout. I surprised myself with how hard I was able to push myself.  

Day 26:


Breakfast: 1 scrambled egg, 1/2 chicken apple sausage, banana. Coconut milk in coffee.
Lunch: Chicken breast, handful of olives, super greens, red grapes. 
Dinner: Jerk spiced salmon, peas, a hash mixture of sweet potatoes, pineapple and bacon. 

Workout: Rest
Total Time: 
Total Calories Burned: 

Good day. Counting the days to be done (4). 

No comments:

Post a Comment