Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Whole30 Food Prep Day

I've gotten a TON TON of questions about the prep day I did this weekend.  So far (heck, it's only Tuesday!) I feel like it's helped a ton, but I will leave my final determination for this weekend!


I followed the prep day lists in Well Fed, but adjusted amounts for our family of 4. Here's what I completed:


Haven't worn my apron in a long time!
Had to document!
6 chicken breasts
2 lbs ground beef
1lb homemade breakfast sausage (to go in my egg muffins later)
Hard boiled 18 eggs
Steam sautéed: 
  • broccoli
  • cauliflower
  • cabbage
  • zucchini
  • celery 

Baked sweet potatoes & spaghetti squash  
Roasted radishes



I made the "Best Chicken Ever" recipe from Well Fed. Fired up the grill and let those char.  I multi-tasked in the kitchen with a pot on every burner (below are eggs, ground beef and cabbage), chopping while the pans preheated and the oven was running too! 

I had three timers going almost the whole time, depending on what step I was on. One to remind me to flip the chicken on the grill outside, one to turn the eggs off when they started to boil, one to check the sweet potatoes in the oven. I started with the chicken and seasoned/grilled that. I started the water boiling for the eggs just after putting the chicken on the grill.  I browned 2lbs of ground beef, sautéed with onion and granulated garlic, until it was cooked through. 

I didn't take a picture of my fridge right now, but it's a glorious mess of produce and containers full of ready-to-be-eaten food. It's wonderful! 

  My egg muffins have chopped spinach from Trader Joe's (I throw it in frozen!), chopped tomatoes and homemade blended breakfast sausage. This time I used 12 eggs. 

I peeled, chopped and soaked jicama in my crockpot to be made into Jicama Home Fries on Monday evening for dinner.  I mixed those with apples, cabbage and the precooked chicken to make a yummy hash. 

My meals this week will revolve more around the Hot Plate plan than actual recipes like I did last week.  I'm excited to see if this planning day keeps me out of the kitchen for hours upon hours each day.  So far, so good, that's for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment