Saturday, April 12, 2014

Whole30 Week 2 - Fooooooooood

Food Prep Day shall be king around here! Holy cow did that save me SO MUCH TIME!  Of all of my food prep from last week, the only thing I have left is a bit of purple cabbage!  The eggs are all gone (as are the egg muffins), we finished the chicken by Thursday and the ground beef became the taco meat for the kids when we went out on Friday night.  I will be making food prep day a weekly thing around here for SURE! 

Day 8

Breakfast: 2 eggs cooked in the microwave (YUK, could NOT get these right!), leftover portobello mushroom cap with sausage & marinara
PWO: 2 HB egg whites



Lunch: Chicken breast, carrots, sugar snap peas, green peppers
Dinner: Steak, grilled asparagus, sauteed mushrooms, power greens with Tessamae's balsamic dressing.

One cup of coffee in the afternoon
(with coconut milk) and club soda/cranberry with dinner.

Workout: Jamie Eason LiveFit training, day 42: legs
Total Time: 55 min
Total Calories Burned: unknown - left my Garmin at home by accident

I have noticed that when it's lunchtime, I get HHHAANNNGRRRYYYY!!! Like, kids, don't talk to mama, she's about to chew your arm off!  All day long I am just fine, but RIGHT before meals, like while I'm prepping? SOooooo irritable! 



Day 9


Breakfast: Egg muffins (sausage, tomato, spinach), 1 c power greens, banana, coffee w/coconut milk
PWO: 3/4 small sweet potato, 1 HB egg white
Lunch: Steak, carrots, power greens, olives, carrots, tomatoes,  Tessamae's balsamic dressing, coffee w/coconut milk
Dinner: Jicama home fries, chicken, purple cabbage, apples, broccoli w/ Tessamae's Zesty Ranch dressing

Two cup of coffee in the afternoon (with coconut milk) 

Workout: Jamie Eason LiveFit training, day 43: Arms/Abs
Total Time: 95 min
Total Calories Burned: 599 calories

Day 10
Breakfast: Egg muffins (sausage, tomato, spinach), 1 c power greens, 1/2 small sweet potato, coffee w/coconut
milk
PWO: none
Lunch: Chicken breast, carrots, power greens, olives, 2/3 apple with almond
butter. 

Dinner: Hot plate - ground beef, cauliflower, mushrooms, and light coconut milk with curry powder. Served over spaghetti squash with a side of zucchini. 
Two cup of coffee in the afternoon (with coconut milk) 
It looks disgusting
but it was tasty!

Workout: Jamie Eason LiveFit training, day 44: Legs
Total Time: 55 min
Total Calories Burned: 385 calories




Day 11

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with spinach, green peppers and mushrooms. 1/4 avocado, banana and coffee with


coconut milk.
Lunch: Chicken breast, olives, super greens, carrots and Tessamae's vinaigrette. 
Dinner: Balsamic chicken thighs - (OMG DELICIOUS), zoodles with mushrooms and roasted broccoli


One cup of tea at bedtime.

Workout: Jamie Eason Livefit Training Day 45: Chest/Abs/Cardio
Total Time: 1 hr 12 min
Total Calories Burned: 393 calories

DESPERATE for chocolate today. Went to workout instead. I think I made the right choice.









Day 12
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, super greens, banana and coffee with coconut milk.
Lunch: Tuna lettuce wraps (tuna on lettuce with 1/2 avocado), 1/3 of a green pepper, egg white. 

Dinner: Chicken stir fry (the stir fry sauce from Well Fed minus rice vinegar - I have 2 bottles and both had sugar) with green beans, snow peas, onion, mushroom, broccoli & celery. Side of pineapple. 

One cup of coffee with coconut milk midday and one cup of tea at bedtime.

Workout: Jamie Eason Livefit Training Day 46: Shoulders
Total Time: 45 min
Total Calories Burned: unknown - left my Garmin at home again :( 

SO had to get out of my head today. Lots of outside time today helped.


Day 13

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, super greens, 1/2 avocado, banana and coffee with coconut milk.

BOY did I need carbs today!
Lunch: HB egg, sweet potato, sugar snap peas, a few slices of green pepper
Dinner: Our first attempt eating at a restaurant! BOY was it a challenge! We wound up both getting grassfed ribeye steaks and we split veggie sides - sautéed spinach and green beans. We could have SWORN the spinach had butter, it was soooooo rich, but the server promised he had written dairy allergy on our tag. I wondered later if maybe there was some MSG or just a lot of salt because I had a slight headache. I did get a glass of club soda with lime. We will DEFINITELY be going back once we're done with this - bacon maple ice cream!? Yes please.

One cup of coffee with coconut milk midday and one cup of decaf after dinner with no coconut milk.

Workout: Jamie Eason Livefit Training Day 47: Legs
Total Time: 56 min
Total Calories Burned: 255 cals

We went to the Billy Joel concert Friday night. WOW to see him was amazing! And to think that "before," we would have eaten and drank at dinner, probably gotten a treat to eat during the concert and another drink. I will say, however, that being buzzed WITH everyone else is a lot less irritating that being sober around a bunch of complete drunks!! 

Day 14


Breakfast: Sweet potato & bacon hash, 3 eggs, 1 banana, coffee with coconut milk.
Lunch: Large salad with taco meat, plantain chips, tomatoes and a few olives. 
Dinner: Burger with lettuce, tomato & bacon. Sweet potato fries. Green beans.


Workout: Rest Day
Total Time:
Total Calories Burned:

Having a really rough few days. Getting discouraged. I haven't cheated (at least knowingly, but we've only eaten away from home once) and I'm STILL in the "what, my pants are TIGHTER?" phase. I feel so bloated and I am not thinning out as much as I expected.  I keep trying to reevaluate what I'm eating - too much protein, too much fat, not enough greens?  Too much fruit, although I have tried hard to keep it to 1-2 servings a day, usually lunch or earlier. 

We went out last night and I just kept thinking how EASY it would be to just order that glass of wine... have those potatoes on the side of my steak...  Nothing too awful but I don't feel like I'm accomplishing anything at this point - shouldn't I be feeling SOMETHING around day 14???   

My kids are CONSTANTLY hungry. I have told them they may eat unrestricted veggies - they want fruit.  They did, however, eat about 3 JUMBO carrots the other day as a snack. I know they are truly hungry if they will eat sugar snap peas, carrots, cucumbers or broccoli. If they ask for fruit (or my little guy, who still asks for crackers daily <3) I tell them to drink a big glass of water. It's working, but I'm always fearful I'm just not feeding them ENOUGH food... 

Anyhow. Long story short, feeling discouraged. Two more weeks will be rough if this continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment