Sunday, June 16, 2013

Days 6 & 7 - Reevaluation

Ok so today's a two-fer.

Saturday

  • Bedtime will be 9pm on Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday. n/a
  • Alcohol will be two nights a week (it's been getting a little out of hand! Definitely part of the lbs being packed on!) Drink night #3, oops. 
  • If I miss a day of working out, I WILL NOT throw in the towel  Agree. This one is hard since I've been hurting since Thursday night. 
  • Same as above, if I don't keep a PERFECTLY clean day, I will NOT take comfort in the candy dish. Yay! I had a s'more Saturday night - ONE s'more.
  • Goal: 15,000 steps/day. If it means I march around my house for an hour before bed, so be it.  BAH. My FitBit was dead in the morning and I Forgot to put it on until about 1pm. So my total for the day was 3458. 

Saturday: Run - nope. Back still hurting pretty bad :(

Sunday
  • Bedtime will be 9pm on Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday. n/a
  • Alcohol will be two nights a week (it's been getting a little out of hand! Definitely part of the lbs being packed on!) None! I did try a sip of a new beer at our favorite restaurant, but didn't have a full glass of it. So three days total this week, only breaking my "rule" by 1. 
  • If I miss a day of working out, I WILL NOT throw in the towel. The pain is almost gone today and we were supposed to go on a nice family bike ride. however when we woke up it was pouring rain and when the sun came out, the temp went up to 90 and the humidity was UNBEARABLE! We did some walking around the mall but that was the extent of it. I am, however, very anxious to get back to the gym tomorrow to test out my back. If all is well, I'll be doing my two classes in the AM and kickboxing in the evening.
  • Same as above, if I don't keep a PERFECTLY clean day, I will NOT take comfort in the candy dish. The s'more last night whetted my appetite for sweets, I could tell that this morning. I fought myself all day not to sneak a Hershey's kiss or to drink a Fitz's root beer. But I didn't do it! I did have some pineapple to cut the sweet tooth. 
  • Goal: 15,000 steps/day. If it means I march around my house for an hour before bed, so be it. 6,360 today.

Sunday: Insanity - nursing the back pain. Tomorrow I'm back to it.

Thanks for sticking with me this week! Thank you for all of the encouragement, the texts in the morning and the check-ins on how I'm doing. I had a discouraging day today. I went to grab some more work clothes and didn't fit into almost anything. But I did get a cute dress to wear to Jen's rehearsal dinner! Yay! I can see the changes that have been made in a short week of "making it work." That is making me want to try harder!

  • I'm going to be more diligent about the bedtime. 
  • I am going to lower my steps. Let's see if I can hit 10,000 everyday this week and what I need to do to get there and THEN we'll raise it up! 
  • I'm going to add: 
    • Drink 100oz of water/day
    • Stay away from negative self talk. <-- Since I posted about body image last week, 3-4 other articles have come through my FB and Twitter feeds. I've been passing them along on those sites, but it just strikes me how many there have been! It seems as though I'm supposed to get something from it. Kind of makes you say Hmmmm doesn't it?   So this is going to be a new addition to my accountability list! I don't know exactly how to quantify it, but I am going to try to recognize those moments when I do it, and stop myself. Accepting compliments without making excuses, not changing my clothes 20 times even after everyone tells me I look fine in what I have on, definitely not talking about these things in front of my kiddos....  These will be my victories.
So next week's check in will look more like this: 

Bedtime before 9:30:
Alcohol (?/2): 
Workout: 
Eating: 
Steps: 
Water: 
Self-talk



No comments:

Post a Comment